Yes, this is deja vous... I found out my Power of Attorney has to be redone. Boo! Hoo! Not just mine though, but all of us within my agency that don't have court dates yet. So, yes, I have to go through the entire notarization-authentication-translation cycle again. This brings back memories of the never-ending Krebb's Cycle in pharmacy school. I wonder what my dear friend Maxine would say about this...
I just thought we were going to the President's Cup... It turns out that because of our ranking, we got moved up to the highest Cup tournament in South Texas...the US Youth National cup! (FYI: There are several Cup tournaments in Texas ranked in descending order: 1. National Cup, 2. President's Cup, 3. Director's Cup.) We play this Saturday, Sunday, and Monday. Go Spindletop!
This is my Mother's Day present to myself from Junkposse. I bought one for my husband's birthday last week that doesn't have the heart cut out. She will engrave it for free. There's a link to the store on the right side of my blog.
My replies to Words of Wisdom on Being a Mother:
1. Somebody said that it takes six weeks to return to normal after having a baby. That somebody doesn't know that once your a mother, "normal" is history!
2. Somebody said that being a mother is boring... That somebody never rode in a car that was driven by a teenager with a learner's permit!
3. Somebody said that if you are a good mother, your child will turn out good. That somebdy thinks a child comes with directions and a guarantee!
4. Somebody said that good mothers never raise their voices. That somebody hasn't had a two-year-old color with Sharpies on the white cabinets!
5. Somebody said that you didn't need an education to be a mother. That somebody never helped her fourth-grader with her math homework!
6. Somebody said you can find all the answers in a book. That somebody never had a child stuff beans up his nose, or popcorn kernels in his ears!
7.Somebody said labor is the hardest part of being a mother. That somebody never watched her "baby" get on the bus for her first day of kindergarten.
8. Somebody said you can't love your adopted child as much as your biological children. That somebody doesn't have adopted children!
9. Somebody said you can't love that sixth child as much as the first one. That somebody doesn't have six children!
10. Somebody said your mother knows you love her, so you don't need to tell her. That somebody isn't a mother!!!
We won our last soccer game, so now we advance to President's Cup State finals! It was a tough game. Wave was super physical as you can see by my slide show. Curran got nailed in the nose with a ball...
Then we rushed home to dress our oldest daughter for her recital...
Today, we accepted the referral of Maritu. She's 8 1/2 months old, weighs 11lb., and comes from Kembata Tembaro region of Ethiopia. Yes, I stated that correctly. She weighs 11 pounds, so as you can guess, she suffers from Marasmus (severe malnutrition). My husband was extremely worried at first, which is just the "doctor" coming out of him, but after I saw Kim G.'s photos/video clips from her trip, I immediately called Kenneth at work and made him look at them. He knew then by the way she followed the camera that she was a little fighter! Oh my heart is filled with God's praises!
I'm always the one to tell people to get their shots. I've chastised people for procrastinating on the shots because Hepatitis A and B shots are a series of shots that take a total of 6 months. Okay, so the truth is that I have been procrastinating too! I had the Hep B shot when I was in pharmacy school, but I still need Hep A, Tdap, Meningococcal, and polio. I went to our local health clinic, but they said that they don't carry Hep A, so all I got was the Tdap booster. The nurse did a great job, but now my arm is starting to feel like I lifted some heavy weights! I'm going to go to the Beaumont Health Department for the other ones next week.
Here we are in the President's Cup playing a team we can beat, but I swear someone kidnapped our girls and gave us some lazy ones! Eventhough we tied the Zephyrs from College Station 0-0, it felt like a loss!
I just had to put one of these on my blog. I think it's amazing knowing that people from all around the world have viewed my blog. I hope each and every one of you enjoy it and maybe learn something in the process... Please leave me a comment and tell me where you are from!