Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Cyclic Vomiting

Otherwise known as an abdominal migraine. This is the diagnosis my 2 year-old received from the pediatric gastroenterologist. We actually had that diagnosis a year ago from our pediatrician. I guess he can now say, "I told you so!" You see, Sheridan vomits around 3 AM about every two weeks for a few nights at a time. This is why her bed is in our room! Supposedly, researchers think that there is a link between mother's that have migraines during pregnancy and children that have this diagnosis. Sheridan just happens to be the only one of the children I did not have a migraine with during my 3rd trimester. Go figure!

http://digestive.niddk.nih.gov/ddiseases/pubs/cvs/index.htm

2 comments:

A brief bio: said...

Ugh, migraines are the WORST. I'm sorry little Sheridan. Crystal

Paula said...

One of the little girls I used to coach had this diagnosis. Weird, isn't it? My two daughters and I all suffer from migraines (the headache) and they are the worst!