Wednesday, February 6, 2008

I-600A Woes

So... the mail lady rings the door bell, and I answer it. She has a parcel that needs to be signed sent by the USCIS. I thought that was super fast since I just sent off the paper work Friday. I opened it up, and inside was a note stating that they do not accept personal checks. I thought to myself, "Gosh Holly! That was a stupid mistake." I then pulled up the instructions for that form, and wouldn't you know, it states that they do accept personal checks. Oh well! Needless to say, if anyone reads this that wants to adopt, only send a money order or cashier's check! It seems that this is state-dependent, but why take the risk? A cashier's check at my bank only costs $2, and I paid more than that to send my I-600A and now will be paying that again!

No comments: