Friday, February 1, 2008


I decided to send off my I-600A today. All that is an application for advanced processing of orphan petition when you do not have a specific child in mind. You fill it out per the instructions, and include copies (just copies!) of birth, marriage, divorce and death certificates for you and your spouse (if applicable). The home study is also attached, but some states will allow you to send that at a later date. Don't forget the fee!!! That is $670+ 80 for every adult living in the home. (The $80 dollar fee is for finger printing...) All of this gets mailed to the United States Citizen and Immigration Services (USCIS) office near you. They will give you an appointment to be finger printed, and when approved, you receive an
I-171H. This paper is like gold, and you must have it to travel.

No comments: