Monday, April 28, 2008

Finally a Word From Ethiopia

Another exhausting day... I spent the day in a court room with my sister. She has been trying to have her son's father's visitation supervised in Hawaii. That's where they are moving tomorrow. At the temporary hearing a few months ago, the judge granted supervised visitation, but in Tennessee where he lives and by his mother. (This lady has tried to committ suicide 3 times and is also bi-polar!) Today, however, we actually thought that things would be different, but my sister had a crappy lawyer!!! He was so disorganized. He had a court-ordered medical release for this guy since November, but he waited to try and get any medical records until March. So, needless to say, there was only one record gotten and his lawyer tried to argue it because it hadn't been diclosed 2 weeks prior to court. The record showed a positive cocaine test... Well, not sooner that I had gotten home, the phone rang, I learned that my best friend from junior high died. I am extremely saddened by this news...

But I have a silver-lining amist all this saddness. I finally saw a picture of Abeti with his scrapbook. I have no idea if he looked at it, or how he felt. His picture looks like he is scared. I can't wait to hug him and let him know he will be safe. God sent me this news at just the right time! Blessed be Your name!!!

No comments: