Friday, July 4, 2008

Happy July 4th!!!

myspace

myspace


Happy July 4th to everyone, especially to our service men who make it possible for me to blog freely in this country. You all do not go unnoticed.

I hope everyone had a great day! I did if you discount the ending to our day. We took our kids to the deer lease to ride four-wheelers with our friends. They don't have their own because I just think they're too young at this time, even with supervision. Once at the deer lease in the Big city of Evasmell(oops I mean Evadale! That's a local joke because this town has a stinky paper mill.),we packed up cooking supplies and headed to our secluded camp. That's a grueling 45 min. ride. Then talk about eat! We enjoyed sausage and boudain made here locally by the Martel family and way too many snacks. Afterwards, we took another ride to the river to cool off. I guess the exciting part was on the way back to where our vehicles were parked. I was driving up an embankment that included a curve in it when I hit a Cyprus knob with one of my tires which cased my handlebars to jerk just right to make this popping noise. I wasn't sure if that was my hand or my 4wheeler. Needless to say, I didn't make it up the hill. I got off and another guy drove my 4wheeler up. I thought I was okay because my fingers could move, so I just needed to shake it off. Well, hubby caught up with us, but I told him I was fine and got back on until I tried to give it some gas. Guess I wasn't so fine! Then the nightmare begins because my 13 year-old daughter gets to drive me back! Yikes!!! Since it's a holiday weekend, I guess I'll wait until Monday to go to the doctor. I know I live with one, but he has two new radiology techs and doesn't know how to get in touch with either. So, what's a person to do? I don't want to spend 12 hours in an emergency room!

No comments: