Saturday, August 16, 2008

Did I say that?


Did I make some comment about having a relaxing weekend? God must be laughing at me! I stayed up until the Olympics were over (1AM), then I woke up Friday morning at 4AM to watch soccer. Well, I don't know what kind of bright idea I had because Sheridan started vomiting at 1AM Saturday! So, what do you do when the hubby is gone but call good 'ole Mom to the rescue! I'm glad she loves me... She hopped right on over so I could get harrassed at Wal-mart. You see, Sheridan needed some Sprite to drink, and there was nada in the frig. I cruised to Wal-mart, and the total at the check-out was $8.49. I hand the clerk a $20 bill and proceeded to pull out the change. She handed me my receipt with $2. I told her I gave her a $20, but she claimed it was a $10. I just knew my husband had only given me $20s, so I asked her to double check. She called her manager, who counted down the clerk's drawer after "huffing" about it. The clerk was short, but it wasn't exactly $10, so she said there was nothing she could do. I got in my car, and looked at my receipt where I noticed that the clerk punched in that I had given her correct change! Very strange! So, beware of Wal-mart clerks after dark!!! And by the way, the hubby confirmed today that he had given me five $20s...

2 comments:

SisterMom said...

How is your head today???

ellerbee eight said...

what happened to "the customer is always right?" I think I would have come unglued. Hope Sheridan is feeling better.