Saturday, August 30, 2008

We Are Evacuating!

I awoke at 5:30 A.M. in order to watch our local news stations for any hurricane updates. What I found out was that there was a voluntary evacuation under effect and a mandatory evacuation would be called at 6 A.M. tomorrow, so I had to get our house in order. I didn't do anything yesterday. I just procrastinated, but today I had no choice. Then we were off to Troup, TX where my Aunt Crystal lives, at least some of us were anyway. I left Skylar with Kenneth so he could play with our neighbor's kids. Kenneth waited on my Pops because FedEx made them work! They finally arrived with the RV about 2 A.M. This evacuation trip was much more pleasant but can you imagine 8 people kooked up in an RV? I love my parents and all, but there is a reason I don't live at home anymore besides the fact that I'm married!

No comments: