Tuesday, August 5, 2008

What T.S. Eduoard Brought Us



Weather-wise, Tropical Storm Edouard was a dud. We only got a couple inches of rain and some wind. A year ago, Hurricane Humberto brought us Prince William, our baby squirrel that we nursed, but this year Eduoard brought us bad news. I opened an email early this morning from an adoptive mother with my agency. (She's in Ethiopia picking up one of her sons.) She told me that Abeti had gone home with his grandmother. I was prepared for this to happen several weeks ago when Grace told me she was coming to visit. Although just about last week she told me that she hadn't shown up, but even after she told me that I had a feeling. The very next day, another Hope parent posted pics to our private board, and he was in none of them... I'm heartbroken, but I know that he should be raised by his family first if they are able to care for him. I will pray for him and think about him often...

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Keeping you all in our prayers!!!

Kathleen
Waiting on K and D...court date.

Nikko and Matt said...

Holly, I'm so sorry to hear about this. It will all work out in the end and it is good that Abeti is raised by his family if they can do it so it is great to think of it that way.

John and Melissa said...

Holly,
We'll be praying for you guys about Abeti and to bring little Maritu home soon!
Melissa

A brief bio: said...

I am sorry this happened Holly. Crystal

Leslie said...

I'm so sorry this has happened. Praying for him and for you.

Kristine said...

Oh Holly, I am so sorry to hear this! We will be praying for your family. Hang in there.

Kristine