Friday, August 22, 2008

This Doesn't Happen To Me...

I've had an eventful two days! That headache that started Sunday progressed into a full-blown nightmare on Thursday. Kenneth brought me to the office to x-ray my head. We were thinking it was my sinuses, but low and behold, the x-ray was clear. He then had my Mom bring me to the chiropractor. He stretched my neck and did accupuncture on me. I looked like the pin head guy off of the B-movie Hellraiser! I couldn't even open my eyes because my head hurt so badly. I never take medicine, but I took everything and anything that day that I could get my hands on. Still, nothing touched the pain. In fact, I took a migraine med incase that was causing my pain. Later in the day, the pain was so bad that I thought death was my best option. I was losing control. Kenneth thought I needed to go to the ER, so off we went. This just doesn't happen to me. So, I got a CAT scan and blood work, but still nothing. The ER doc said I needed a spinal tap... Oh my!!! I hate needles! I said no... For anyone reading this, that was not very smart of me. I took a 10% chance of having a bleed in my brain go undiagnosed... I wouldn't have done that if it hadn't been for having a husband that is a doctor and has practiced emergency medicine. He even thought I should bite the bullet... I got Reglan for nausea and Toradol for the pain. Kenneth gave me Ambien when I got home. That did the trick! I slept all night!!! Yea! I only had a slight headache when I awoke this morning but I'm going to be a couch potatoe all day!!!

No comments: