Monday, October 6, 2008

Oops, I did it again!

...and it has nothing to do with Brittney Spears! I fell into a blog slump or maybe more like an adoption slump. At least the courts are now open again, so maybe I will have that desired court date I have been waiting so long for. In the meantime, I wanted to share a heartbreaking story from the Phillipson's who adopted through my agency, Hope Adoption Agency. I'm not sure of the details, but Carole and Marty brought home two vivacious boys about 5 weeks ago from Ethiopia. They are Paul who is 5ish, and Samuel who is 3ish. It seems that there was some kind of horrific tractor accident Saturday involving Samuel. He was life-flighted to an area hospital where he sustained many injuries. So far, he has lost one leg at the knee, and possibly part of the other leg. He has a fractured pelvis and a broken arm, along with many other injuries. He had one surgery, and I believe will have another today in attempt to repair an open fracture of his elbow. He is on a ventilator too. Obviously he is in critical condition and his family needs many prayers at this time. I can't even imagine how they are holding it together... Please pray for Samuel! I have posted a link to his hospital website on the right-hand side of my blog where their family gives updated information.

No comments: